This week progress of my Japanese Modular House project for the Unreal 4 #ScreenshotSaturday. Added banners, curtains,posters, decals, rain gutters, pipes and interiors!
Modular Japanese House Project update.
I’m making a complete little town. Here a few screenshots of the WIP. The modular Japanese House pack is almost ready to be released. With this level, I’m at the same time working to build a playable demo of the pack and testing the assets and their usability.
I’ve started to work on the landscape for my Japanese House project. The idea is to have a big tiled landscape for the view, and a few small landscapes to an higher resolution where the gameplay will take place.
So I started doing 2 things: 1.) I wrote from scratch the landscape material and replaced the material used in the previous screenshots on this blog, 2) I generated the big landscape itself. Continue reading “Landscape work”
Since the last post about the Japanese Modular House project I’ve been working on completing a demo level (it’s not finished yet, but I have done about the half of it). In particular, I did a lot of work on the exterior (new meshes, landscape, foliage) and started to work on the particle systems for interiors and exteriors. For the latter, I’ve decided to learn Niagara, even if it’s still an early access feature, because it’s the future of particle effects in Unreal Engine (and it looks very nice and it’s easy to use too). Continue reading “Japanese Modular House Update”
How to use Microsoft Speech API (SAPI) in Unreal Engine 4 (UE4), with Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition. Because I’m always forgetting it.