Started to add customers. For the moment just one.
I’ve remade the sake bottles in order to make them to look more Japanese (the bottles I did a couple years ago were meant for another project and looked too much like European wine imho, even with the Japanese stickers I added). So I made some new model, some new stickers and worked on the glass shader to make the material to look more realistic. Here the result:
I’m still working on the sushi bar and I’ve made some progress. I’ve added a few assets and improved some old ones. I made a new curtain (noren) for the exterior and remade the one with the maneki cat because I didn’t like the previous version. I modeled some cloth hangers for the back of the restaurant and some posters (this part was easy thanks to some great public domain Ukiyo-e paintings ), a clock and some flowers.
Since a couple of days, I’m working modeling a sushi bar inspired by the Sushi Gin restaurant in the Yakuza series (in particular, I’m playing Kiwami 2 right now, so that’s my reference). Here a little preview of the work in progress; I plan to add chairs, the fish for the sushi, the menu and other little details to the scene, but I couldn’t restrain me from publishing these early screenshots. Continue reading “Sushi Bar Preview”
It’s a little while I don’t publish anything about the Modular Japanese House project, I’m still working on it. Actually since my last update, I did a lot of work in order to change all materials and, in general, the approach to texturing. Continue reading “Japanese House Update”