This is the documentation for the MJH – Modular Japanese Town House UE4 Marketplace pack. All posts about this projects can be found here. A demo level for the pack is also available.
Unreal Marketplace: MJH Modular Japanese Town House
The documentation is split in the following parts:
- Introduction: what’s the content of the pack and basic concept of Japanese architecture;
- An introduction to building a machiya; I’ll build a small example house with commentary;
- Part A: the basics;
- Part B: building a simple house;
- An introduction to all types of wood, walls and lattices the pack offers;
- An introduction to interiors props:
- Part A: Furniture ;
- Part B: Shops and restaurant props (Mise), Food and Curtains (Noren);
- Part C: Stairs;
- Part D: Lighting.
- An introduction to exterior props;
- A video building a more complex house and showing some houses I’ve built with this kit (look also to all my screenshots, I’ve uploaded here under the category “Japanese House”);
- A presentation of each of the 19 pre-built example houses that come with the pack: