「Speedtree」の木を#UE4か#UE5に私のインポートし方。多分,もっと良い方法があるんですけど。。。 まず、「Speedtree」というプラグインをイネブルします。Continue reading “SpeedTreeのモデルをUE4/UE5に風のセットアップする。”
Recently (UE4.25) Unreal Engine added the possibility to use alembic hair. It’s a revolutionary feature, still beta, but designated to radically change the procedure of creating characters to use with the engine. Thanks to the fact that finally Autodesk offers Maya Indie also in my country, I was able to test this beautiful new feature that Epic has added to its engine.
This little tutorial is about how to create a braid in Maya using nHair and xGen plugins. All I did was to follow this Daryl Obert’s video tutorial and adapt it to my needs. I’m writing this blog post essentially to memorize what I have learned, as I’m a total noob in the matter of creating hair with Maya.
Let’s say you have 2 code projects, lets call them YourProject and AdvancedWolf and you want to make one, by adding AdvancedWolf code and contents into YourProject.
Here is how to make it using UE4 modules.Continue reading “How to merge UE4 C++ projects by adding modules”
How to use UE4 Unreal Insights profiler with Oculus Quest.Continue reading “How to use Unreal Insights with Oculus Quest”
Just a quick post about making looping animations in Maya Time Editor, mostly for myself. Suppose you have a walk mocap fbx and you want to make it loop so you can use it in UE4, here the way I found to make it. (I’m not an anim pro, if you know better please leave a comment)
Today, I would like to introduce my Modular Japanese House Pack. As I’ve explained in the introduction to this tutorial, this pack concerns traditional Japanese town houses, called machiya.
We almost finished a reorganization of a project containing about 2000 uassets. Moving, renaming, removing unused ones, this kind of stuff. Few notes for memory.
- Backup intermediary results.
- When renaming stuff it’s better to run fixup redirectors time to time (often).
- When moving folders fixup redirectors is mandatory, moving twice or moving and renaming can break things.
- Some things are not properly marked dirty, so you have to save them even there is no little “*” on them. Composite textures are one of them. We ended up saving textures by hand every time.
- Also, better run a save on things you changed (right-click -> save) and recompile blueprints.
- There are mass renaming plugins on the marketplace, like MORT
- Bonus: windows command that recursively prints all file paths in a folder: dir /b /s /a:-D
How to use Microsoft Speech API (SAPI) in Unreal Engine 4 (UE4), with Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition. Because I’m always forgetting it.
I’ve remade the sake bottles in order to make them to look more Japanese (the bottles I did a couple years ago were meant for another project and looked too much like European wine imho, even with the Japanese stickers I added). So I made some new model, some new stickers and worked on the glass shader to make the material to look more realistic. Here the result: