I’m continuing to add details to the Modular Japanese House project. Here today update. Finally I’ve textured the curtains and the banners and modeled and textured some pipes and rain gutters.
Modular Japanese House Project update.
I’m making a complete little town. Here a few screenshots of the WIP. The modular Japanese House pack is almost ready to be released. With this level, I’m at the same time working to build a playable demo of the pack and testing the assets and their usability.
We almost finished a reorganization of a project containing about 2000 uassets. Moving, renaming, removing unused ones, this kind of stuff. Few notes for memory.
- Backup intermediary results.
- When renaming stuff it’s better to run fixup redirectors time to time (often).
- When moving folders fixup redirectors is mandatory, moving twice or moving and renaming can break things.
- Some things are not properly marked dirty, so you have to save them even there is no little “*” on them. Composite textures are one of them. We ended up saving textures by hand every time.
- Also, better run a save on things you changed (right-click -> save) and recompile blueprints.
- There are mass renaming plugins on the marketplace, like MORT
- Bonus: windows command that recursively prints all file paths in a folder: dir /b /s /a:-D
Amado (雨戸), wooden shutters against rain, typhoon, etc. I’ve used particles effects in substance painter to get the used look. Now, the rest of the exteriors looks too clean, I’ll work on fixing that. Continue reading “Amado”
A few preview screenshots of
- modular tansu ( traditional Japanese storage cabinetry), composed from a few simple pieces that can be combined in storage cabinets or stairs.
- rice sacks and rice barrels. The rice sacks are modeled using Marvelous Designer. For texturing I’ve used Substancepainter and Bitmap2material.
I’ve started to work on the landscape for my Japanese House project. The idea is to have a big tiled landscape for the view, and a few small landscapes to an higher resolution where the gameplay will take place.
So I started doing 2 things: 1.) I wrote from scratch the landscape material and replaced the material used in the previous screenshots on this blog, 2) I generated the big landscape itself. Continue reading “Landscape work”